11 interesting facts about The Israeli Team athletes in London for Olympic Games
1) Israeli Team includes 38 athletes, with 21 of them poised for their first Olympic appearance.
2) Israel has fielded athletes in eight sports, including gymnastics (ten athletes), swimming (eight) and sailing (seven).
3) Click here to read all about Israel’s must-see athletes at the 2012 Olympics.
4) Israel first competed at the Olympic Games in 1952 in Helsinki, and the Olympic Committee of Israel has sent delegations to all Summer Olympics since then.
5) The Jewish State has won 7 Olympic medals, and achieved its first gold medal at the 2004 Olympic Games in men’s windsurfing.
6) Israel has won at least one medal at every Olympics since the Barcelona games 20 years ago, and the team is determined to continue this tradition at London 2012
7) The International Olympic Committee warned this week that any Olympic athlete boycotting events when faced with an Israeli athlete would be punished.
8) IOC President Jacques Rogge issued the warning after some Egyptians called upon their country's athletes to refuse to compete against Israelis at the Games.
9) Citizens of other Arab countries have made similar appeals to their Olympic representatives.
10) Iranian athletes are understood to be planning to compete against Israelis, despite previous boycotts at the 2004 Athens and 2008 Beijing Games.
11) who deliberately boycotts a competition in which
IBCC would like to wish all athletes from The Israeli and UK Team the very best of luck for London 2012!